“PROGRAMMER” when we hear this word, the first thing that comes to our mind is a modern world wizard. So what is required to be a programmer? And the answer is that we need to have a knowledge of programming languages. There are many programming languages and all have their advantages. So today we are going to discuss the top programming languages to learn in 2021.
Average annual salary: $120,000
Python is an object-oriented, high-end general-purpose programming language. Python is considered an easy learning language due to its simple syntax.
Advantages of Python programming language
● Easy to learn, understand and write due to its simple English like syntax.
● Better productivity and less coding.
● Directly execute the code and better result in debugging.
● Free and open-source language
● Work well on all the platforms
● Vast library, most of the time no to look for an external library for your project needs
Disadvantages of Python programming language
● Not suitable for mobile application development.
● The dynamic nature of python results in slow speed.
● Uses a large amount of memory
Top websites running on python are:
Average annual salary: $118,000
● Sometimes it is difficult to write cross-browser code
Average annual salary: $104,000
Java is a programming language commonly used to create client-server-based files. It is a simple syntax language that uses English like syntax.
Advantages of Java
● Simple to understand and easy to learn.
● Object-oriented language helps in taking care of both data and behaviour.
● Java is a highly secure programming language.
● Java runs on multiple platforms. It is considered as run anywhere language(WORA)
● Java can run multiple threads and optimize the memory.
Disadvantages of Java
● Require better hardware to run Java
● Java can be slower than C and C++
● Oracle owns Java and charges a fee for the Java development kit.
Java is widely used in the android mobile operating system.
Average annual salary: $97,000
C++ was developed by Microsoft as a better and faster version of C. C++ is a general-purpose, result-oriented, high-level programming language.
Advantages of C++
● C++ is a portable programming language that helps running the same program on different operating systems.
● C++ is an object-oriented programming language.
● C++ is good for memory management and gives total control of memory to the programmer.
● C++ is very compatible with the C programming language.
● C++ works well on both small-scale and large-scale data.
Disadvantages of C++
● C++ has some security issues.
● No option for garbage collection to filter out the unnecessary files.
● C++ does not support any in-build treads. Less flexible than other languages.
Average annual salary: $97,000
C is known as the mother of all programming languages. C is a general-purpose programming language, that is the predecessor to all the other programming languages.
Advantages of C
● Powerful and efficient programming language
● It is a very flexible programming language.
● Many built-in functions in the C programming language.
● It is easier to add your own functions to the C library and make code easy for developers.
● C is a mid-level programming language. So it can support both high-level and low-level programming languages.
Disadvantages of C
● Checking errors in code is a long and complex process.
● Not suitable for modern use such as websites and mobile applications.
● Complex syntax compares to other languages.
C is commonly used to program hardware in automobiles and the medical industry.
These are the top programming languages to learn in 2021 which can help you secure a good and high-paying job in the information technology industry. We recommend learning more than one programming language as it will increase your chances of success.
We hope you like our blog and if you have any comments or suggestions please make sure to let us know in the comment box below.
Subscribe to our free newsletter and stay updated about our latest blogs.